SMALL BUSINESS PlanNING
No matter how good your business idea is, you will need a good business plan with sound financial information and a strategy to turn the idea into a reality. Most start-ups need funding, and preparing a business plan not only allows you to see if the idea can be profitable but it also allows a bank or lender to understand your business idea and lays out clear objectives and strategies that will act as a blueprint for success.
A business plan is particularly relevant in times of economic uncertainty or downturns in the business cycle. Your plan should offer more than just a snapshot of the future, as circumstances, people and opportunities are liable to change. The events of the recent pandemic demonstrated that those businesses that survived, and in some cases even thrived, were those with a robust and insightful plan to fall back on. Your plans need to be dynamic and frequently reviewed to ensure that it provides a realistic and effective management tool.
A good business plan will allow you to:
- Consider the overall direction of your business, taking a step back from routine operations and setting essential strategic goals
- Evaluate the impact of a particular business path on profitability, and as a result make better-informed judgements for the future
- Make decisions for your company which drive your business in the right direction
- Put in place adequate resources and financial capital to achieve the objectives and business goals that you set
- Share your vision in a clear and structured format with your stakeholders
- Provide lenders/investors with a document that is recognised as a basis for funding decisions
BUSINESS PlanNING support
Our Business Planning Advisors can support you through the business planning process. With extensive experience in this area, we are committed to helping you to achieve your goals and our approach is tailored to your specific business objectives.
With investment and funding in mind, we know exactly what information is required and how it can be presented, providing you with a better chance of success when it comes to receiving funding for your business. Where appropriate, we can also offer the independent funding support services of Kingston Burrowes Finance Ltd.
Ultimately, we work with you to ensure that your plan is dynamic enough to respond to an often changing and demanding environment, and that you will be prepared to deal with new challenges when they appear.
We also offer Business Coaching support should you desire a more detailed and hands on approach to your business planning. Our expert Business Coach’s ensure that you gain the skills and expertise to construct your own business plan and achieve the business growth and success you are aiming for.
What to include in your business plan
- Executive Summary – a synopsis of the key points of your plan
- Introduction and Company Overview – a summary of the business, its key offering/s, and the target audience
- Market and Competitors – define your market, your position in it and who your competitors are
- Sales and Marketing Strategy – how you plan to communicate your offering to prospective clients/customers, including the key selling points
- Operations – a summary of your premises, production facilities, and IT systems
- Financial Information – an overview of the capital required and the security you can offer lenders, including sources of revenue and income
- Risk analysis – a review of the potential risks to your business, and the necessary contingencies and insurance to mitigate these
BUSINESS PlanNING SERVICES – SURBITON & CHEAM
Our business planning services are available to clients across the South West London and Surrey regions. For more information or to request support with your business planning, please get in touch and our friendly and knowledgeable team will be happy to help.
Cash flow forecasting
Don't let cashflow issues be a barrier to success. Let us help you to maximise the efficiency of your cashflow as well as preparing essential cashflow reports for lenders.
Understanding your accounts and making the right financial decisions is vital to the success of your business. We have successfully fulfilled the Finance Director role for a variety of organisations.
Tell us your story
If you'd like to know more about how Kingston Burrowes can help manage your business or personal accounts, talk to one of our friendly team today.